I thought I’d add in my two cents regarding NHL Jersey sponsorships. I tend to think if you do it you may as well go all out. The little patches on AHL jerseys look lame, and I think big corporations will want to go all in anyway. Plus, won’t that get the most amount of money?
Here’s how I think the original six could look in adidas jerseys.
- All logos on the upper right so captains badges can stay in current spot (tradition!)
- adidas logo goes where NHL logo in on neckline, NHL moves to back of jersey above name.
- adidas logo on sock like on many soccer teams kits.
- I think the easiest way to incorporate the adidas three stripes is on the pants. The only pant that looks considerably different is the Rangers. The Leafs and Bruins get new stripes which don’t look bad and the other teams pattern just changes slightly.
- Sponsors are based of current team websites (if I could find a “presented by” basically).